SSP @ New Mexico Tech Open House Day
On Saturday, July 11, 2015, join us on the New Mexico Tech campus in Socorro for a full day of stimulating interaction with SSP students, faculty, and alumni.
The schedule outline:
- 11:30 - 12:00 Welcome & sign-in: Fidel Center lobby
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch with students and faculty: Fidel Center dining area
- 1:00 - 2:30 College Roundtable
- 3:00 - 4:30 Open discussion with alumni and Trustees on SSP and its future
- 4:30 - 5:30 break
- 5:30 - 7:00 Reception and dinner
- 7:00 - 9:00 After-dinner program, including guest lecture
- 9:00 - 10:00 Stargazing at Etscorn Observatory
For a good combination of amenities and value, we recommend the the Econolodge (505-835-1500). Mention the Summer Science Program at New Mexico Tech to get a discounted rate. The Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn are a little nicer and more expensive.
Socorro is on Interstate 25, 70 miles south of Albuquerque. From either Albuquerque or Las Cruces: take I-25 to exit #150, US 60 / California St. Go south less than a mile, then turn right (toward the mountain) at the second light, on Bullock Ave.
Half a mile further you will cross Leroy Place and enter the New Mexico Tech campus. Continue on Bullock Ave. The street will soon start to curve to the left in a loop around central campus, changing its name to Olive Drive. Follow the loop around. There is a stop sign at Canyon Rd. Continue straight.
Look for a sign on the left for Fidel Center, then turn into the parking lot. If you reach Campus Drive, you passed it, so turn around.
(No parking permits are required on this campus!)
A campus map is here. The campus address is 801 Leroy Place, Socorro, NM 87801.
Check back later for RSVP instructions. Questions? Email info [at] summerscience.org.