Open House Day @ New Mexico Tech
On Saturday, July 8, 2017, join us on the New Mexico Tech campus in Socorro for a day and evening of stimulating interaction with SSP students, faculty, and alumni. Families are welcome! The tentative schedule:
- 11:30 – 12:00 Welcome & sign-in: Fidel Center lobby
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch with students and faculty: Fidel Center dining area
- 1:00 – 3:00 College Roundtable, Student Activity Center
- 3:00 – 4:30 Trivia Contest!
- 4:30 – 5:30 break
- 5:30 – 7:00 Reception and dinner, Student Activity Center
- 7:00 – 9:00 After-dinner program, including guest lecture
- 9:00 – 10:00 Stargazing at Etscorn Observatory
“It was wonderful to meet this generation’s students, and discover that they are just like the SSPers I remember: quick-thinking, energetic, and interested in everything.” –Dr. Julian Krolik ’66
Socorro is one hour south of Albuquerque Sunport (ABQ) on Interstate 25. Once on campus, look for the sign to Fidel Center. No parking permits are required on this campus! A campus map is here. We recommend the Econolodge, Holiday Inn Express, and Comfort Inn in Socorro. (Be sure to have breakfast at El Camino – it’s like time travel back to the 1950s.) For more logistics see For Visitors to SSP @ NM Tech.
Questions? Email sspalum [at] summerscience.org